P – Personal
S – Social
H – Health
E – Economic
RSE – Relationship Education (Lower School) Relationship and Sex Education (Upper School & Sixth Form)
C – Citizenship
We present pupils with a range of opportunities to support the teaching and learning of PSHE through ‘Skills’ and ‘Knowledge’ based content. The Skills based curriculum is where we focus on the personalised skills that will enrich pupils lives. Whereas the Knowledge based teaching focuses on government recommendations to all schools.
The PSHE Skills-based Curricular is divided into the following areas:
The PSHE Knowledge-based Framework is covered over 3 years and divided into the following Topics:
- Autumn term – Self, Health and Wellbeing
- Spring term – Living in the Wider World
- Summer term – Relationship Education (including Sex in KS4 and FE)
PSHE delivery compliments the Federation vision:
- Everyone has a voice: through advocacy sessions planned throughout the sequences.
- No-one is excluded: planning is personalised for all pupils and based on what they say they want to learn as well as what they need to learn.
- Everyone will be the best they can be: delivery prepares them for keeping safe in the modern world.