Behaviour Support & Sensory Integration Coordinator (Grade F)
The Learn to Live Federation has an exciting opportunity for a Behaviour Support & Sensory Integration Coordinator, based at Bidwell Brook School to commence 1st September 2017.
The Behaviour Support and Sensory Integration Coordinator will strategically organise, lead and manage the behaviour and sensory integration support across the Learn to Live Federation.
Main responsibilities are:
• Assess and diagnose sensory integration and behaviour difficulties of students. Plan, implement and evaluate therapies for those students on an ongoing basis;
• To identify and remove barriers to student learning, including behaviour or sensory barriers;
• To provide a calm purposeful learning environment to students who may need space and well-resourced support away from a conventional classroom environment;
• Provide an opportunity for small group work to overcome challenges;
• Develop skills to help young people manage feelings and cope with difficulties when they arise, including anger, anxiety, stress, emotional confusion and sensory processing difficulties;
• Responsible for staff training in behaviour management and appropriate therapies to support students.
We are looking to appoint a qualified Occupational Therapist with post graduate training, such as Sensory Integration Practitioner training, and experience in Sensory Integration therapy. Experience of leading on specialist behaviour and intervention work is essential, combined with a restorative and solution focused approach to problem solving and the ability to plan and implement appropriate strategies and PIPs.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time).
We do not accept CV’s.
For further information about the role contact Sarah Bedford, HR Manager: 01803 864120
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 14 June 2017
Provisional interview dates: Thursday 22 June & Friday 23 June 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding children and has a child protection policy in place.
If successful you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check and a Disqualification Declaration Form.